Community Investment Programmes And Sustainability
Being a young Bank, we have instilled the core value of “Doing well by doing Smart” and focused on initiatives around healthcare and sanitation, women empowerment, poverty alleviation measures, education and skill development programs and furthering the cause of environmental sustainability and rural development. To pursue these goals and more, we have instituted the CSR Committee of the Board.
CSR initiatives taken during 2021-22:
- SBM Bank India chanced upon a wonderful initiative by Help Age India whereby they sponsor cataract surgeries for underprivileged and aged persons across the country. They thought - what better way to bring light to someone’s life than the gift of vision, and with this, SBM Bank partnered with Help Age India to provide free cataract surgeries to 200 aged persons in the hinterlands of Maharashtra, where such persons’ loss of vision because of cataracts impaired their sense of independence and capability, as also their quality of life, at an already vulnerable stage.
In SBM Bank India we believe in small changes that have big impacts, and small actions that go a long way to build and empower the ecosystem around us and we are so happy to have joined hands with Help Age, in this instance, in bringing about one such initiative.
- Announced #SBMButterflyEffect with the belief that lies in the power of small, with a large vision. Deemed as “Flutter”, these initiatives were conducted towards bringing about impressive changes in the community.
- Promoted World Walking Day 2021 in alignment with the Group’s Women on the Move Council calendar, to endorse employee wellness, gender equality and community building.
- Funded a Dental Chair and quality Radio Visionography equipment, towards Deshbandhu Chittaranjan Memorial Society
- Conducted the ‘Lighting up a Life’ donation drive that focused on igniting young minds by donating new or repurposing pre-loved and gently used stationery items, toys, storybooks and books of instruction by giving them to lesser fortunate children, reemphasizing sustainability.
- Under the guidance of SBM Group’s “Women On The Move” Council, The Bank presented to its female employees an opportunity to learn more about breast cancer through a webinar, and also proposed to include sponsored mammograms and pap smears in the Bank’s Annual Health Check-Up Plan.
- Launched an initiative showing solidarity with the globally recognized “Movember”, and conducted a webinar to spread awareness about prostate cancer, testicular cancer while also ensuring the Bank included testing for such cancers in the Bank’s Annual Health Check-Up Plan.
CSR initiatives taken during 2020-21:
- Contribution of INR 1 million towards the PM Citizen Assistance & Relief in Emergency Situations (CARES) Fund.
- An additional contribution of INR 2 million by employees of SBM Bank India towards the PM Cares Fund.
- Partnering with ISKCON Govardhan Village for their Govardhan Annakshetra Programme (Food Relief) and funding the distribution of 2000 food packets to tribals in the Palghar district at the peak of COVID to alleviate food supply disruption.
- Partnering with Le Rythme Trust to offer skill development training through “Rythme School of Music”, by organizing and presenting “Best in Class” musical events across the country, to provide underprivileged children with a platform to showcase their talents.
Composition of the Corporate Social Responsibility Committee
The Corporate Social Responsibility Committee of the Board of Directors of SBM Bank (India) Limited comprises of the below Directors:
- Mr. Abdul Sattar Adam Ali Mamode Hajee Abdoula – Chairman of the Committee
- Mrs. Sudha Ravi – Member
- Mr. Sidharth Rath - Member
- Ms. Sharon Ramdenee - Member