Community Investment Programmes And Sustainability
Being a young Bank, we have instilled the core value of “Doing well by doing Smart” and focused on initiatives around healthcare and sanitation, women empowerment, poverty alleviation measures, education and skill development programs and furthering the cause of environmental sustainability and rural development. To pursue these goals and more, we have instituted the CSR Committee of the Board.
CSR initiatives taken during 2021-22:
- Announced #SBMButterflyEffect with the belief that lies in the power of small, with a large vision. Deemed as “Flutter”, these initiatives were conducted towards bringing about impressive changes in the community.
- Promoted World Walking Day 2021 in alignment with the Group’s Women on the Move Council calendar, to endorse employee wellness, gender equality and community building.
- Funded a Dental Chair and quality Radio Visionography equipment, towards Deshbandhu Chittaranjan Memorial Society
- Conducted the ‘Lighting up a Life’ donation drive that focused on igniting young minds by donating new or repurposing pre-loved and gently used stationery items, toys, storybooks and books of instruction by giving them to lesser fortunate children, reemphasizing sustainability.
- Under the guidance of SBM Group’s “Women On The Move” Council, The Bank presented to its female employees an opportunity to learn more about breast cancer through a webinar, and also proposed to include sponsored mammograms and pap smears in the Bank’s Annual Health Check-Up Plan.
- Launched an initiative showing solidarity with the globally recognized “Movember”, and conducted a webinar to spread awareness about prostate cancer, testicular cancer while also ensuring the Bank included testing for such cancers in the Bank’s Annual Health Check-Up Plan.
CSR initiatives taken during 2020-21:
- Contribution of INR 1 million towards the PM Citizen Assistance & Relief in Emergency Situations (CARES) Fund.
- An additional contribution of INR 2 million by employees of SBM Bank India towards the PM Cares Fund.
- Partnering with ISKCON Govardhan Village for their Govardhan Annakshetra Programme (Food Relief) and funding the distribution of 2000 food packets to tribals in the Palghar district at the peak of COVID to alleviate food supply disruption.
- Partnering with Le Rythme Trust to offer skill development training through “Rythme School of Music”, by organizing and presenting “Best in Class” musical events across the country, to provide underprivileged children with a platform to showcase their talents.