The top 10 things to do while in Kenya with Magdalene Mulandi, Head of Marketing Communications (SBM Bank Kenya)
1. Bask in the pristine beaches along the South Coast
Kenya is renowned for its beautiful beaches along the shimmering Indian Ocean coastline. Luxury travelers are treated to butler services and exquisite infinity pools. A few must-visit hotels are the Elewana Afrochic and Alfajiri Villas.
2. Sighting dolphins or humpback whales
Just off Kenya's north coast lies a cluster of gorgeous Indian Ocean islands - Lamu, Manda, Pate, Kiwayu and Manda Toto - known collectively as the Lamu Archipelago. They are famous for frequent dolphin sightings and whales and perfect to add to your travel logs.
3. Hot-air-balloon safari across the Masai Mara followed by a champagne breakfast
Imagine capturing the sunrise in a hot-air-balloon and enjoying the never-ending landscape below that is an exciting mixture of riverine forests, sprawling savannahs, towering escarpments and rugged rivers. Minutes later after towering above the terrains you enjoy a luxurious champagne bush breakfast where you are one with nature.
4. Watch the Great Wildebeest Migration
From July to October, you get to experience over one million wildebeest move across the Serengeti in a fantastic spectacle of nature's constant battle for survival. Luxury hotels to stay in while at the Mara - Mahali Mzuri, Sanctuary Olonana and Angama Mara.
5. Enjoy a luxurious breakfast with giraffes at the exquisite Giraffe Manor
A night at the Giraffe Manor is a bucket list item of note for any luxury traveler, given the unique experience of having breakfast with the resident herd of Rothschild's Giraffes.
6. Watch a lion hunt in the park before your mid-morning meeting at the Nairobi National Park
Nairobi, the Capital City of Kenya has a national park within the city. This means you can go on a game drive and witness a lion hunting, before your mid-morning board meeting.
7. Play croquet on the lawn in the lakeside district near Hell's Gate National Park that inspired the Original Lion King Movie
In the lake district, you will be transported to a more genteel time filled with a sense of nostalgia. Play croquet on the lawn after a visit to the national park that inspired the famous Lion King films.
8. Commune safely with magnificent and majestic elephants while overlooking Mount Kilimanjaro
If you love elephants, you will be in for a treat as you visit the Tsavo and Amboseli national parks where you have uninterrupted views of Mount Kilimanjaro with reliable elephant sightings.
9. Stargaze and sleep under the open sky in the sprawling Laikipia plains
Laikipia lies on the rim of Africa's Great Rift Valley and is a sanctuary for endangered animals like the Patas monkey, African wild dog and about 40 percent of the world's remaining Grevy's zebra. Great luxury lodges to stay in and stargaze at - The Sanctuary at Ol Lentille, Loisaba Tented Camp and Segera Retreat.
10. Soak in a hot tub overlooking the place where Elsa of Born Free fame was raised by George and Joy Adamson
Meru National Park is one of Kenya's best-known parks and one of the two places in which conservationists George and Joy Adamson raised Elsa, the lioness of Born Free fame. With breathtaking views, you can enjoy a hot bath overlooking the vast scenic expanse of the park and glimpses of Mount Kenya. A romantic stay should definitely include the iconic Elsa's Kopje.
Whatever you fancy, Kenya has a range of memorable places to suit travelers of all kinds - adventurers, honeymooners, nature enthusiasts and people looking for a place to connect with their creative side. More importantly, Kenya understands luxury and tailors the experience to suit your unique preferences.